Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jockey's Ridge

I have been going to the Outer Banks for 16 years now on and off with my family. Every year that we go we take one evening and visit Jockey's Ridge, the largest sand dune on the east coast. This year we tried to slip it in early but the weather was so bad that we had to go one morning to squeeze it in. It is a pretty fun place for children a little older than ours who love to roll down the large dune.

It is so large that you can find youself totally alone, like R2-D2 and C-3PO pictured here.

Ahh, have I ever mentioned I hate seeing myself in pictures? I only do it so that when the children get older they will know I was there.

Our nephew, X-Man checking out the sand.
All the cousins on their first trip to the dunes.
Going home, this should have been the last picture, oh well.
That fun hill I was referring to that people of all ages like to run, jump and roll down.
The Thomas' on their first Beach Trip.
The Colbert's on theirs.

No comments: